Personal Attention

In a time when you need it most

American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers

Divorce: Beginning The Court Process

To begin the court process in a separation or divorce proceeding, you must first file a civil lawsuit. Your complaint makes certain factual assertions to establish your reasons for believing he or she is entitled to the relief being sought in the complaint. A complaint may contain a single claim or it may contain multiple claims. Thus a complaint could seek custody and/or child support alone, or in combination with other claims.

Get started by scheduling a consultation.

Our experience will help us guide you through the process to start the rest of your life. Give us a call at (919) 846-8807.

What to expect when you contact our firm.

We understand that this time in your life is very stressful. To help make your consultation a little less confusing, we have provided a Client Bill of Rights for you to review prior to your initial consultation.

Not sure what information you need to provide at your consultation?

If you are seeking advise about a divorce or separation, you may refer to our questionnaire to help you begin to gather the necessary information.When you first contact our office, you will speak with a legal assistants who will ask you some basic questions to obtain background information, which our attorneys will review prior to the initial consultation. After reviewing the issues of your case, we can then provide you with an estimate of the cost of our services in the form of a retainer agreement or engagement letter.

If you would like to meet with our experienced attorneys to discuss any family law issues, call our office at 919.846.8807.